Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thrown Together Supper

I was all set, and ready for an indoor workout, but there were no exercise videos listed under the "free videos" (speaking of which, are there any tried and true exercise dvd's you guys recommend for those days when going out isn't an option?) I had the option of doing some strength training, but I think I'll be saving that for school nights. Today I was feeling frustrated with chem, and needed to release some pent up energy in the form of a good cardio workout! haha...I was able to beat the snowstorm on the way there, but ended up looking like a snowman once I came back. It's absolutely beautiful outside though...perfect weather for a good cup of tea...:)

Pre-workout, I snacked on 1/2 of this bar, and ate the other half when I came back.

Supper was made super fast, as everyone was really busy and running around tonight. It was also super tasty though, which kind of surprised me considering how quick it was all thrown together. :D The meal consisted of cod with salt & pepper and lemon slices on top (gave it a great citrusy flavor after it was done cooking...I think orange slices would be a great twist too!), couscous mixed with sliced onions, and 1/8 of a sauteed cabbage (in olive oil, salt and pepper.) Cabbage might seem like an odd placement with fish, but it was really fresh and I wanted to use it up before it started losing that "peak of freshness." It was so sweet and tasty, and makes for a nutritious side dish...not to mention the extra bonus of it being so inexpensive right now...;)

I always look forward to Tuesday nights, because its the one week night that I put all my school books away and read a good book while watching the Biggest Loser. I'm glad I still have 2 hours before it starts, because chemistry is still demanding my attention...tomorrow is my economics exam, so I need to get some more time in with that as well. Crazy busy! But in a good way, and all the hard-core studying will be over in two more days...phew!

To all of you who might be getting this snowstorm, hope you're staying safe and warm!!

3 comments:

gc said...

Yum! your meal looks delish. I love fish...and your cabbage sounds as though it was pretty easy to make? I'm all for quick ways to make veggies...and I havent eaten cabbage in a while...might be something I have to try! Just EVOO, and salt and pepper?

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh, that's my FAVORITE Nectar bar flavor!! Love it.

My favorite workout DVDs are ones by fitness experts Jennifer Galardi, Sarina Jain, Kelly Roberts, Madonna Grimes, Michelle Dozois, and Michelle LeMay - if you do a search on Amazon.com, you'll be able to find their workout DVDs, in abundance.

I'm trying to stay warm here - it's only 12°F! Ahh!

Have a lovely Tuesday night! :0)

Sarah said...

emma---The cabbage was very easy to make! I put a little water in the pan when I first put it on, in order to steam it a little, dumped the water out for the last 5 minutes or so, and sauteed them in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Very tasty! :)

veggiegirl---Thanks for the dvd recommendations! I'll have to check those out...:)

Hope it warms up soon for you! Spring is going to be sooo welcome this year. :)