Friday, February 22, 2008

Home Early!

Woohoo! Classes let out early today due to bad weather, so I was out at 12 rather then the usual 5:30! A nice surprise for a Friday...:)

This morning, the bulgar held me over really well, but I still snacked on a peanut crunch odwalla bar around 8 (not pictured! I was running really late in getting out the door this morning...eeks.) I knew that even though I wasn't hungry at the moment, it would be a wrong decision to wait another 3-1/2 hours for lunch to come. Me without food is not a pretty combination!! haha...

Lunch was tasty! :) I ate everything here except the milk. The sandwich was a whole wheat pita pocket, 2 T. artichoke hummus, thickly sliced carrot peels, tomatoes, spinach, and cucumbers. I was afraid the bread was going to get soggy since I made the sandwich last night, but it held up really well. I brought along a cup of grapes as well, to snack on for the ride home.

When I arrived home, I was pleasantly surprised to find my mom had been busy making homemade black bean/tomato soup. It was the most wonderful food to eat after walking around in the cold on campus...yum!

I need to make sure I don't use up all this free time with procastination, so I'm going to get straight to work. It's going to be great having the night off...:) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy looking soup and sandwich!! I'm sure they did the trick to warm you up in all of this cold weather! it's crazzy out there :)

curious as to what brand of pita pockets you like? I've been into the 'Bread for Life" whole wheat pockets and the Thomas' sahara wheat pockets, what about you??

enjoy the early start to the weekend!! I'm sure you'll be very productive :)

Sarah said...

hk---These pita pockets are the Thomas' sahara wheat. I like the taste (and price!) of these the best, but occasionally I'll switch off with Josephs' pita as well. :) I haven't tried the Bread for Life pockets, but I'll have to give em' a try next time I go to the store! :)