Saturday, February 16, 2008

Another late dinner!

I think this late supper thing is becoming kind of normal for me! I was well prepared though, by bringing along this apple and kashi bar as a snack to the mall, along with a 32-oz water bottle that I left in the car. It did a wonderful job of holding me over...:)

Well, supper wasn't exactly gourmet-looking, but it was filling, tasty and quick. I sauteed some onions, added some chicken broth, chicken, and brown rice, and steamed some baby lima beans and peas on the side. I'm one of those people who loves all veggies EXCEPT lima beans, but these are actually really good. Baby versions taste nothing like the 'adults.'

I had more then enough fruit for today, but I just couldn't let this fruit go bad!! I threw it on top of some fat-free yogurt, and it was so sweet and delicious. The perfect little dessert. :)

2 comments:

Annie said...

Hey, just a quick question. Do you cook limba beans from a can, or are they dry?? Ive never made them before, but am willing to try any new vegis. Thanks!

Sarah said...

Hi Annie! I like to buy mine frozen...it makes for a quick and healthy veggie during the week. :)