Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Grown-Up kid's meal...

Plates really do make a difference in the quantity you feel like you're eating. Take my supper for example. On this giant round plate, my supper looks like an appetizer. If I had used one of my salad plates instead, it would have ended up looking ten times larger. Funny how that works...

I'm glad I had that large strawberry shake this afternoon. It held me over really well for a late supper which didn't get on the table until 7'ish. Since Thursdays can get so crazy, we stuck to eating something simple and fast. Tonight's menu was a spinach and mixed greens salad on the side of some good ol' english muffin pizzas. These always remind me of when I was really small, because they were right up there with mac & cheese as my favorite food. :) Now I like to add a little bit of a grown-up spin on the old favorite, by adding onions, mushrooms and spinach as toppings. YUM!

I'm feeling really tired right now, and wishing I could have gone for a run (yucky weather!) Running really helps to energize me throughout the day. Hopefully the roads will clear up soon so I can get out at least one more time this week...in the meantime, I'll try to take this break as a good thing. I'm sure my legs could use the rest. :)

Off to do some more bio reading, and then hopefully I can catch some news or read a bit to relax before a very busy day tomorrow. I have chem lab and won't be back till late...

Happy Early Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yum, I miss making those, good idea!