Monday, February 11, 2008

Morning Energy

I got up at 5:30 this morning to read my bio lab, and I was actually surprisingly pretty wide awake. I typically get up at 6:30, so I was expecting to be sleepy, but this oatmeal purked me right up.

It's just a typical banana-nut bowl (1 cup of 1% milk, 1/2 cup 5-grain oats, lots of cinnamon, handful of walnuts, 1 banana mixed in before cooking, and 1 T. of peanut butter,) but it was enough to get me excited and out of bed. AND, it was filling enough to hold me the morning over, I'm sure. However, since I'm eating so early, I think I'll bring along a snack for mid-morning.

Lunch is going to be posted tonight since I have classes until 5:30 today! I'll see you all later for a lunch/supper post!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum, looks good. good luck with bio and your SUPER long day of classes!

gc said...

Good luck with school today! I have that chem test...gaaa. I'm not sure what I want my career to be yet...but something focused around exercise/health science, nutrition, and sport psych. Haha! We'll see how that works...

Anyways the oatmeal looks great. How do you like those square bowls? They seem to be the new trend! I bought peanut butter yesterday...can't wait to have it for breakfast!

Sarah said...

hk---Thanks! :) Bio went actually really well today (and let out early, which was a nice little bonus...:)

emma---I'm kind of in limbo over exactly where I want to focus my major as well. I would love working with women and self-esteem issues (steering towards psych) while also including health and nutrition.

I love the square bowl...:) Somehow it makes breakfast all the more tasty, in my opinion. Actually, come to think of it, I like almost every dish from pier one. :)