Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunny Sunday Mornings

I can't believe how full my breakfast kept me! For a slow morning like today's, having that single serving size was perfect. On busier mornings, where I'll be running around a lot (as in my Mon., Wed., and Fri.'s!) I think I'll double it up. :)

Mid-morning I snacked on a pear. The sun was pouring through the windows, and it was the perfect study spot. Nice and warm and cozy...:)

Lunch was delicious as well! It could have easily passed for a breakfast, but I actually prefer having eggs for my lunch or supper. I scrambled up 1 whole egg/2 egg whites with a little milk, salt, pepper, spinach, tomatoes, and onions, and stuffed it with 1/4 cup of reduced-fat mozzarella cheese. Paired with a warmed whole wheat tortilla and some warmed salsa on the side, I was in heaven. :D Veggies, eggs, and cheese...you just can't go wrong...

After lunch I was in the mood for something a little sweet, and decided to have some plain yogurt and 1/2 cup of canned pineapple (in its own juice.) This is a great fruit to add to yogurt, because its so sweet and delicious that it helps to off-set that bitter taste that plain yogurt can have. I like adding in some of the pineapple juice as well, to make it even sweeter. Yummy...:)

It's actually 32 degrees out and SUNNY, which is putting me in a great mood! I can't wait to go out there for a run later. :) :)

No comments: