Friday, February 22, 2008

Hot Breakfast

I usually stick to quick breakfasts on the days I have school, but I decided that since it is Friday, and since it would be nice to have a warm meal on a day we're supposed to be getting 6-9 inches of snow (winter isn't gone yet!) I had a bowl of bulgar. I crave it sometimes...so nutty and delicious. :)

I had it with milk, bananas, cinnamon and a T. peanut butter...no need for walnuts, because I like my bulgar a little 'undercooked' which makes it have that nutty texture all by itself.

Off to do some homework...happy Friday! :)

3 comments:

gc said...

i have to try bulger....you, kath, and tina have all convinced me! do you have to cook it the night before though?>

Annie said...

Dont you just love the New England weather!

Sarah said...

Emma---no cooking the night before is necessary! It's actually pretty quick (about 8 minutes...10 min, if you don't want too much of a firm and nutty texture!) After cooking it, I like adding on another 1/4 cup of hot milk that I heat up in the microwave with a banana for extra taste and creaminess. YUM! :) Let me know what you think of it once you try it!

annie---haha...oh, yes, I'm definately loving it! ha...now that I'm home though, safe and warm, the snow looks so pretty outside. But I definately don't appreciate driving in it!