Thursday, February 21, 2008

Super long post...again!

I got quite a bit of work done today, and so far my week has been really productive! I'm very ready for the weekend though. My plans? Homework, and...nothing! I love having weekends where nothing is planned sometimes. :)

Three hours after breakfast, I started getting a little hungry, so I had a bowl of fat-free yogurt (and added a splash of vanilla extract) with some oranges to dunk on the side.

Lunch on Thursdays, as I've mentioned countless times before, are so random and sporatic because we're usually out of everything (literally!) However, there was leftover corn chowder from yesterday, so I had a small bowl of that. Meanwhile, I was trying to decide whether I wanted a peice of white bread or not, but I knew that wouldn't hold me over very well as a lunch. SO, I instead topped two wasa crackers with tuna salad (tuna in a bag, about 1 T. light miracle whip, chopped onions, and chopped tomatoes) and ate them on the side. It was super yummy, and held me over really well. :)

Before running out the door to do some grocery shopping, I chopped up a pear-to-go. :)
I wasn't quite prepared today, in that I should have brought along a snack with me for grocery shopping. I didn't realize I was going to be stalled by all the new magazines on the shelves (I picked up the new Bon Appetit and Eating Well,) and ended up staying out much later then I expected. Fast forward four hours, and I was starting to get a little hungry (and low on energy!)...not the greatest feeling considering I wanted to sneak in a run as well! So I grabbed an odwalla peanut crunch bar (love this flavor!) which hit the spot perfectly. It was the perfect little snack to get me moving and carried me through my run (which was amazing today, by the way...it was one of those runs where I felt like superwoman, flying over hills, feeling as if I could run forever, enjoying the fact that the neighberhood dogs could once again get over-excited at the sight of a runner, etc...I think every runner needs a really good day once in a while, where they're reminded of why it is that they run. :)

After my brisk run in the cold weather, I was ready to relax and enjoy a good supper. I bought some new foods to try this week, and settled on having a veggie burger for supper...quick, easy, nutritious. :) I started with a basic side salad with olive oil vinaigrette:

These are the veggie burgers I decided to try, and really enjoyed them! They had a bit of a kick to them, and cooked up nice and crispy in the oven. Not to mention, the ingredients are so basic and...natural! Corn...black beans...oat bran...etc.

Burger #1...I put it in a whole wheat pita pocket, along with sliced tomato, mixed greens, 3 dill pickles, and some ketchup (no burger is complete without ketchup!) ;)

Burger #2...This one I topped with the same stuff, minus the pickles, but added on some mustard. SO yummy!


I do have a little more studying to get done before calling it a night, so I'm going to go get that finished right now. :) Hope everyone has some fun plans for the weekend (even if it means good ol' relaxation like I'm planning on for myself! :)

8 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

yes, I'll be doing LOTS of homework and studying - until the weekend that is, since my spring break officially starts tomorrow, after my last class :0)

wow, great day of meals! I LOVE Wasa crispbread, pears... I like your meal-component choices, haha.

Have a great Thursday night

gc said...

your pita burgers look AMAZING. def making me cravE!

arielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
arielle said...

Have you had the new chewy nut bars? The sweet and salty peanut is awesome!!

foodie911 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

arimcg---no, I haven't tried them! Are those by odwalla as well? I love anything with peanuts, so those sound wonderful! :)

arielle said...

Yeah, they're new from odwalla!! Sooo good.

Sarah said...

Okay, definately buying some next week then. :) Thanks for letting me know about them!