Monday, February 18, 2008

Mixed Up Schedule

Well, no school due to President's Day, but the Monday classes are pushed off until Tuesday, which means I'm still going in three times this week. It's strange having my schedule thrown off, but it's also very nice having a Monday off. :) I have a busy couple of weeks ahead of me, with exams coming close, so I'm kind of glad it's a rainy day...no temptations to go outside! :) I also have an incentive planned. I want to finish before supper so I can head to the mall and pick up a new umbrella...:) Rainy days somehow seem more cheerful with a bright umbrella.

Breakfast was simplistic and yummy...it was the basic bowl of 5-grain oats, a banana (half mashed in, half diced and cooked with oatmeal for last minute), lots of cinnamon, walnuts, and peanut butter. I like mixing up my breakfast, but this is definately my favorite, and I always end up missing it when I go without it for too long. :D

_____________

Last night I had a bag of 100-calorie popcorn with a cup of hot chocolate while watching Extreme Home Makeover. :)

5 comments:

Brightcetera said...

Hi Sarah! Thanks for visiting my blog and the wonderful compliments. You seriously left something out...you didn't tell me you had FOOD PICTURES!!! I LOVE FOOD PICTURES! I don't know what it is, but I'm fascinated by what other people are eating. I just love it when people post their pics on their blogs...when it comes to food, words aren't enough for me.
And a nutrition major...if I had to do it again, I would definitely go into this field. Good for you! You should have a fantastic career ahead of you and I hope you always find your passion there.
I'll be back and add you to my blogroll. Can you add me to yours?
See ya

Anonymous said...

How much oatmeal dry do you eat? do you add milk or water, if so, how much?

Do you make your own cocoa or buy a pack. The packs alawys seem so high cal. Thanks!

Sarah said...

katschi---I'm the same way! I love browsing pictures on food blogs...it makes for a great procastination break from studying for me! :)

Thanks so much for the encouraging words!! :) And I'm definately adding your blog to my blogroll...:)

Thanks for stopping by!

Lauren---I eat 1/2 cup of dry, but definately don't skimp (in other words, it's right in between 1/2 and 2/3.) I like cooking my oats on the stovetop with 1 cup of 1% milk (creamy goodness!) I used to use water, but decided to use milk for the extra calcium boost, and now I could never go back. There's just no taste comparison, in my opinion! :)

I'm finishing up this box of swiss miss diet hot cocoa, but once its all gone, I'm going back to homemade! The taste of homemade cocoa is awesome, and its fast and easy to make. I like using the Hershey's Unsweetened cocoa powder with milk and just a bit of sugar. Yum!!!

Brightcetera said...

Sarah, I finished up my box of light hot cocoa and I won't go back to that either...I only recently read the box and there's trans fats in it! not to mention the artificial sweeteners. I bought some Nesquik choc syrup with 1/3 less sugar and that's ok for now but I may go to the cocoa eventually too.

Sarah said...

katschi---I know! Isn't it awful? Its crazy all the different foods they manage to sneak trans fat into. :-/