Tuesday, February 19, 2008

random salads paired with homemade bread=bliss

The entire house now smells like baked bread, after my mom kept busy this afternoon baking up a couple of loaves. This happens to be one of my favorites. It's a white bread with a hint of sweetness, and taste amazing when its warm from the oven.

So, of course, I had to fit it into my supper somehow, and what better way then paired with a supersized salad? :) This was one of those random salads that I couldn't really figure out what flavor I was in the mood for, so went with a little bit of everything. I started with some basic mixed greens from a bag, threw on some cherry tomatoes, cut up some cucumber slices, added some diced red onion, added a handful of walnuts, one cortland apple, some balsamic vinaigrette, and topped it all off with some parmesan cheese. It was very random, but suited what I was in the mood for perfectly. I got the cheese I wanted along with the sweetness from the apple, and the walnuts added a nice crunch. That's what I love about salads...you can do whatever you want with them! :)

And I had a slice of homemade bread on the side with a pat of smart balance. So deliciously good...:) I would make a sandwich out of it for tomorrow, if not for the fact that I know it wouldn't hold me over for very long. Besides, it tastes 10 times as good hot from the oven, which is why I decided to enjoy it tonight. :)


I'm on my last hour of studying for chem! Then I just have some reading left for homework, which I can do while watching the Biggest Loser. So far so good! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wohooo for fresh bread!