Monday, February 11, 2008

Lunch on the go!

Bio lab was only 1 1/2 hours today, which means I'm home early and relaxing a bit before prepping supper. I considered going for a run, but there's a wind chill factor of 2 degrees, and I just couldn't bring myself to go back out there. Tomorrow is supposed to be slightly warmer, so I'm definately going out in the morning, before we get any of the snow squalls that are expected...

So here's the rundown of the day so far:

5:30--breakfast
8:00--carrots and cauliflower for the ride there, plus a small coffee I picked up from a cute little cafe...I love it when I'm "too early" for classes. :)



11:00--I made a sandwich with Natures Promise whole wheat bread and the leftover grilled Cajun chicken from yesterday's salads. OH MY! It was so delicious and tender. Next time I'll be sure to take pictures of what it looked like inside (rather then just snapping the bag..ha...I was in a rush this morning!) I paired it with dijon mustard, tomatoes and mixed greens. On the side I had a Light N' Fit strawberry yogurt given to me by my sister who bought a bunch and didn't like them. I personally like stoneyfield the best, but wouldn't want these to go to waste, and they make for a yummy change. :)
12:00--pear slices

3:00--For the ride home, I packed a container of vanilla soymilk and an apple to beat the munchies. I wasn't even hungry (breakfast and lunch held me over so well!) but it was nice having something to chew on. Besides, now that 4 has rolled around, I'm starting to feel my stomach grumbling, and I'm glad that I had a little snack to tide me over.

4 comments:

gc said...

everything looks yummy! haha it's funny because i'll eat veggies first thing in the morning ( i just adore any type of veggie )and I'll always feel weird if my roommates walk in on me eating veggies. I guess I feel like they probably think it's strange to be snacking on bell peppers at 730 and 9 am! Oh well, I'll just be weird then! : )

Anonymous said...

looks like an awesome lunch-box! really great ideas for a long day at school, thanks!

Anonymous said...

hi there-just found your link from kath's page. i see that you go to umass? which one? im also a sarah and i graduated from umass (at lowell). im in cali now, not envious of the COLD there :) (but i must say that snowy pic makes me excited for a trip back in march!!) anyways, great site!

Sarah said...

Emma---same here! It just seems strange to be eating veggies in the morning, but they make the perfect "munchy" snack, that it's well worth it. ;) If people ever comment, I just say it's my morning version of V8.

hk---you're welcome! Hope you enjoy some new ideas...I get so many new ideas from all the other blogs, and it's always nice trying new things. :)

sarah---I'm going to umass amherst! Such a small world. :) I have a few friends that go to the one in lowell. :)

Oh goodness, I'm jealous of the California weather! This is the coldest its been in a while, so hopefully it will warm up a little soon! :) Thanks for stopping by the blog!