Saturday, February 23, 2008

Homemade Hot Cocoa...no comparison!

I'm wondering how I ever went back to the boxed stuff after having made homemade hot cocoa! Probably because it's easier to empty a packet and heat up some water, but it's actually quicker to just heat up a cup of milk in the microwave and add it to the cocoa and sugar!

I like my hot cocoa only slightly sweet, so I heated up a cup of hot milk, and added it to 2 T. unsweetened cocoa, 2 tsp. sugar, and a dash of salt. At the very end, I added 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract (following the directions on the back of the cocoa, but cutting way back on how much sugar they call for.) YUM! It was creamy, rich, and absolutely amazing. I think it's exactly what I wanted, and exactly the thing to keep me going for studying. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, that seems like the perfect way to relax before bed...and sooo much better for you than the fake stuff. Thanks!