Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Productive Morning

Oh yes, lovely chemistry! This book has seen me through my best and worst moments. haha...I studied all morning long, and snuck in an orange to keep me happy. I did take one procastination break, though, to find the website www.localharvest.org. I had no idea until going there, that there's a farmstand not far from my house that offers grass-fed meat, fresh goat cheese, locally grown produce...etc. Who would have known? Anyways, that only took me about 15 minutes, and it was back to the books...I got a lot done, but there's still a lot to cover before I can feel confident about the exam.

My dad is working from home today, so I made a box of annie's whole wheat mac and cheese (using 1/2 cup of plain yogurt instead of the 1/4 cup of milk in the cheese mixture) and combined it with 3/4 bag of peas. Yum!! I especially like adding tuna to this mixture, but I'm planning on fish for supper, so kept it meat-free. And, I used up the last of the mixed greens for a salad, and topped it with the "usuals" as well as some black beans. I never realized how good black beans and red onions taste together...

For dessert I munched on a large pear, which completely hit the sweet tooth. :)

We're expecting more ice rain and snow this afternoon...:-/ I'm trying to decide if I want to head out for a run after my food digests a little, and try to beat the rain, or if I want to head downstairs and work out to an exercise video (which I did quite a bit last year, but haven't done in forever.) Decisions, decisions...

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

How fun that there's a farm stand so close to where you live! That's great!

Definitely more snow here, as well - I'd vote for you to stay in for the workout (that's what I'm doing as well, haha).

gc said...

Yum your mac and cheese looks good! And black beans are one of my favorite foods!

Anonymous said...

Hi, you have eaten gnu bars a few times. Have you ever had odowalla bars (my spelling may be off). How do you think gnu or odowalla compare to nectar bars in satiety? Thanks!

Its snowing so much here too.....and last winter seemed so warm. I always think it's funny when Kath complains of NC being cold!

Sarah said...

sam---It's a little tricky to say, considering yesterday I really wasn't very hungry when I ate the nectar bar, so I ended up feeling full for a long time after eating it. I wasn't sure if that was due to the bar, or just how my appetite was working out for the day.

It seems the nectar bars are good for satiety though, with gnu bars next, followed by odwalla (could be different for other people, but thats the apparent order for me.) Of course, when I say 'odwalla,' I'm talking about the snack-sized ones which make for great pre-run bars, but don't necessarily keep you full for very long. ;)

I hope it warms up really soon for you! I know what you mean about last winter...there wasn' much snow, either, and I think we're finally making up for it with this winter. ha...spring is right around the corner though! :)