Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Recap minus the supper...:)

I enjoyed today to the fullest because of a couple reasons: 1) I remembered that next week we'll be changing the clocks, which means it will be getting much brighter for a longer time! 2) It's Friday! And sunny! :) 3) I'm heading out to eat with my sister in a couple hours, and 4) I spent 2 hours at whole foods, just browsing the food isles, and 5) It's leap-day, making it feel like there's just an extra day of the year to spend doing whatever...haha...:)

Here's the Day's Recap so far! Supper isn't included, because that's coming later tonight! :)


5:00am---Breakfast!!
9:00---My oatmeal did wonders in holding me over! I wasn't even hungry by this time, but didn't want to wait until 11 before eating anything! So I snacked on 1/2 of my banana nut odwalla bar (favorite flavor, hands down!).
11:00---Time to take out the other half of the odwalla bar. :) It hit the spot, and held me over until lunch rolled around.
1:30---For lunch I had a large salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, red onions, carrots, chic peas, and 1/2 an orange with 2T. Ken's Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette. Simply amazing. :) I love adding citrusy fruits to my salads for a flavor boost. On the side I had a yogurt and a sweet cortland apple. Then I hit whole foods for a restock on granola bars, oatmeal, and some more hempmilk. :)
4:30---Supper is going to be later tonight, so I wanted a little something to hold me over but nothing that would overly fill me up...I definitely don't want to go to the restaurant feeling like I could eat a cow, so a 1/2 cup of hot milk with 1/2 cup of all bran hit the spot perfectly. :)


Pre-Lunch: Banana Nut Odwalla Bar
Lunch: Salad, Apple, and Yogurt...
Just a closeup of the salad! It's amazing what an orange will do in adding a splash of flavor...:)

Afternoon Hold-Me-Over...All-bran and hot milk...:)

Enjoy your weekend everyone!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm... warm milk with all bran sounds delicious.

Anonymous said...

Is that real milk or hemp milk?

Also, how do you heat your cereal. Meaning how long and do you do both the cereal and milk? Do you find most cereals taste good warm? Thanks!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

great meal re-cap! enjoy your weekend (I still can't believe it's finally here, haha)!!

Sarah said...

romina---mmm...one of my favorites! :) I'm so happy that you're a fellow all-bran lover too...hehe. :)

marcy---I used regular milk for this one, but vanilla hempmilk would have tasted amazing too. :)

I just heat up the milk when I want a nice warm bowl of cereal. I measure out 1/2 cup in a microwaveable measuring cup, and pop it in the microwave until its nice and hot, stirring about 1/2 way through (it takes me about 1 minute total for the perfect temp...:)

Then I just add it to my cereal, and stir around for a nice hot and comforting snack/breakfast. Many cereals taste good warm, except for the puffy ones (like the GoLean, cheerios, puffins, etc...) So far my favorite cereals warmed up have been the Ezekiel cereals, all-bran, granola-style cereals, and whole wheat chex. Yummy! :)

veggiegirl---haha...I know! I'm trying to enjoy every minute of this weekend to make it last...it's so nice to be on "relax mode" after a busy week! :) Hope you enjoy your weekend as well!! :) :)