Monday, February 18, 2008

good news::bad news

The good news: I got a lot of homework done today. The bad news: I didn't find an umbrella! The women's umbrellas were cute and colorful, but seemed too flimsy for windy weather. The men's umbrellas were nice and sturdy, but I was hoping to get any color but the basic blacks that they all came in. So, I'm still on the search for a sturdy--and cute--umbrella! :)

I ended up buying a pair of rain boots though, and a cute pair of dressy black pants from the Gap. Going shopping was a much needed break from school...:)

I was a bit unprepared in the food department, in that I forgot to pack along a snack (a "short trip" turned into a few hours!) I came back feeling pretty hungry, so I snacked on an apple and a yogurt (too lazy to make my own yogurt parfait for tonight!) to tide me over.


Supper was sooo yummy! I absolutey love salmon, and it's so simple and quick to make. I just topped it with a little olive oil, onions, salt and pepper, and broiled it in the oven. On the side I had a spinach and tomato salad with vinaigrette, a baked potato with a pat of smart balance, and some steamed carrots and broccoli.

I haven't had icecream in forever, and I don't know if its the fact that I was talking about icecream at lunch or the fact that it actually reached 50 degrees today, but I was craving it. I helped myself to a scoop of Friendlys Slow Churned Fudge Tracks, and savored each and every bite. Delish...:)

Back to work I go, so I can hopefully enjoy the rest of the night with some relaxation. My busy two weeks starts tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Annie said...

You said in your earlier post that these ice creams have trans fat..did you read the label and see partianlly hydrogenated oils? Cuase I usualy eat the edys slow churned and Ive never seen it, so I was wondering if I missed something. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

i actually read what you said about the hydrogenated oil in edy's slow churned and checked it out at the grocery store today and it only took one flavor to find it/turn me away! it was partially hydrogenated oil on the back of the peanut butter cup flavor! crazy! and i checked out breyer's light, and the ingredients had no trans fats, woo hoo! good luck with your busy 2 weeks!!

Sarah said...

Annie---Yep, but you might be on to something in that maybe not every flavor has it? I'm hoping thats the case, anyways. Edys Slow Churned has always been one of my favorites, so I'm definately checking it out!

Courtney---YAY! Glad to hear Breyers Light doesn't have it. I was afraid all the icecreams were going to have trans fat..eeks!