Thursday, February 14, 2008

quick and easy leftovers

Statistics requires something hard to chew on, in order to avoid any frustration or anger management problems. haha...no, actually, it really wasn't too bad this morning. All those equations and numbers managed to make some sense...woohoo!

Lunch time rolled around, and I happily snacked on an apple (not pictured) while deciding what I wanted. What I really wanted was a pb&j and banana sandwich on a bagel. But, my "good side" won out, and I decided that it would be better to not let the leftovers in the fridge go to waste. After I heated up the other 1/2 of my sweet potato from a couple nights ago, and topped it with the last of the chili, I was happy I went with this meal anyways. It was so warm and sweet but spicy all at the same time...yummy! I also finished off the last of the fat-free yogurt and topped it with some low-sugar smucker's strawberry jam. So glad I was able to eat up the leftovers while enjoying a quick and tasty lunch...:)


Now I'm off to make an angel food cake for my mom's workplace tomorrow. They're celebrating someone's birthday, and I told her I'd bake one for her...after that, I'll have to see if the ice on the roads have melted enough for me to fit in a run!

3 comments:

Anon said...

that looks delicious! i am also a college student & i was wondering if you drink caffeine a lot at night to stay up?? i'm trying to cut back but it's SOO HARD!! also my friends laugh at me when i go running at 8am too ughhh what do you say to people?
happy valentines day!
-andrea

Sarah said...

Hi Andrea! :) I never drank caffeine after 6, because otherwise I'd be up all night (literally!) but I'm definately an afternoon coffee drinker! I decided to cut back three days ago, and so far I'm still going strong. But I'm right there with you! It is hard to cut back and not rely on it so much..ugh...the good news is that it gets easier. I've only cut back 3 days so far, and I'm already feeling more energetic without relying on it. Hopefully I can stick with it! :)

When people comment on my running, I usually just turn it into a "laugh" by saying that they wouldn't want to see me if I *didn't* run. Running really keeps me sane, energetic, and is a great "me time" to have. It can be hard sometimes, but try not to let what they say get to you too much! You're keeping yourself healthy and strong. :)

Happy Valentines to you too!! Hope you had a great one! :)

Brightcetera said...

I just adore that heart-shaped bowl!