Monday, February 25, 2008

One exam down, two to go!

Whew...my crazy day has just now come to an end (well..still chem homework to get done before midnight, but all the running around and my bio exam is done!!) The Bio exam was a toughy, and I always worry myself about what the grade will be, but I'm trying to put that behind me and move on to study for the next two exams this week. I appreciated all the kind comments and encouragement you guys gave! :)

So here's a sum of today's menu...


5:00am---breakfast
6:30---I munched on the juiciest, sweetest orange ever! These were super cheap at stop and shop, and at the peak of ripenes...yum!! :)
7:30---The other half of my breakfast banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter made a good "hold me over" snack as I was running out the door.
8:30---I wasn't really hungry, but felt like munching...perfect time to whip out the bag of carrots and tomatoes that I had brought along for this specific purpose! :D
11:30---For lunch, I had a simple sandwich of Natures Promise bread, Hormel All natural turkey deli meat, spinach, and some dijon mustard...I tend to rely on tasty and filling sandwiches on the days when I'm running around a lot.
12:30---I tried a Ginger Snap Larabar and thought it was pretty tasty...don't expect it to taste like ginger snaps, but it did have a lovely ginger flavor (tasted like the real, natural ginger) and a nice mixture of fruits and chopped nuts. And if you're looking for a bar made with simplistic ingredients, look no further...these guys are about as simple as it gets. When they say "fruit and nut bar," that's exactly what you're getting! Oh, and as a p.s., they're also pretty filling. :)
4:30---As soon as I got out of lab, I ate the salad that I had brought along for my supper. It was a bunch of mixed greens, walnuts, cucumbers, tomatoes, salad dressing, and 1/4 cup of reduced fat mozzarrella cheese. It was exactly what I was in the mood for...fresh tasting and convenient to eat! :) As you can see in the picture, I had originally packed some kashi crackers, but ended up bringing some Annie's Whole Wheat Bunny Crackers instead...I love these!! I also munched on a cortland apple...

5:30---Probably not the smartest idea to be drinking caffeine so late, but I wanted to be alert for the exam, and I wanted a nice comfy place to study, so I went to this amazing little cafe that served me probably one of the best lattes I've ever had. It was in a cute white mug, and the foam was so frothy and rich with a dark, rich espresso...AND, the best part was the cute little heart shape they formed out of the foam. I wish I had brought along my camera to take a picture, because it was the prettiest little latte...:) Almost too cute to drink. ;)

Midmorning Study Snack: Orange
Midmorning Snack #2...peanut butter sandwich

Lunch, snack, and supper combined into one photo...I enjoyed everything but the milk (poor thing keeps traveling but never seems to get used up...haha). I ended up going for a medium skim latte instead...(not pictured :(

Close up of my supper salad...these kashis were put away for some other time, and I munched on the bunny crackers in the above picture instead.

Now I'm home...a bit too awake due to a late latte, working on some chem problems, and thankful that my bio exam is finally out of the way! :)
I hope everyone's Monday went well!! :)

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Sounds like you've had a great day, for sure!! Congratulations for being done with one examination already - you're almost completely done with them all!! :0)

I am OBSESSED with Larabars - I eat them everyday! I agree about the Gingersnap flavor - I love it, but it definitely just tastes like pure ginger; not a gingersnap cookie or anything. But hey, it's still delicious!!

Enjoy the rest of your Monday!

Anonymous said...

wow, what a monday! I love your recaps...especially your inclusion of time. It's so helpful to see how you "map" out a long day with healthy and filling meals and snacks. Looks a lot like a crazy exam schedule that I'm dealing with in about a week...yippeee! (NOT)
great job, you're through one...keep trucking!

Anonymous said...

Bio exams definitely are no fun!

What type of salad dressing did you use with that salad? Since you ate dinner so early, how did you prevent yourself from mindlessly snacking? How did you prevent

Sorry, last question, you get up really early, I am assuming to study. What time do you go to sleep then?

Sarah said...

veggiegirl---Do you happen to have any favorite larabar flavors? I think the pecan pie one sounds delish, and really want to give that one a try...that and apple pie. yumm...:)

hk---Good luck to you for next week!! The crazy busy times always seem to come in spurts, don't they? :)

amanda---For salad dressing, I used the Ken's Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette. I included some munchies along with the salad (the bunny crackers and an apple) and had a latte later, which kept me pretty occupied. :) The timing wasn't normal for me, in that I do like having a later supper, but it worked out pretty well last night.

Yep, I do get up rather early on school days...I like to get to bed by 10, but there are certain nights that make it hard to get to bed so early, and it turns out to be 11'ish or 12.

My school week is only MWF, and I can catch up for an extra hour or two of sleep on Tuesdays and Thursdays which is kind of nice...:)