Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cafe-style Lunch

My eyes are officially drooping, after spending countless hours of studying chemistry. It's really my fault for not keeping up with it as much as I should have at the beginning of the semester (oh the joys of procastination!) BUT, the good news is that I've learned my lesson, and I'm finally getting into the groove of pacing myself and my homework out. :)

This morning I snacked on some broccoli florets and carrot sticks.

About an hour later, I decided to dig into the fruit cup my mom had bought me. I loved having the watermelon...it was a nice reminder that spring and summer aren't too far off...:)

Lunch rolled around, and I found some more frozen soup that I had completely forgotten about. This is the butternut squash and ginger soup I had made a while back, and there was just enough for a small cup to serve alongside a salad. I felt as if I were at a little cafe, ordering soup and a salad...it hit the spot perfectly. :)

And---on the side---was the best part. An ooey-gooey grilled cheese...I haven't had one of these in a long, long time, and it tasted pretty amazing. I used two slices of bread to make a full sandwich, but...*cough, cough*...I ate the other half a little too quickly to even consider getting a picture in. hehe...:)

I think I'll be heading to school early today, to fit some study time in at the library. It helps to keep me focused before the exam actually starts...

Plans for the day include going for a run, getting my hair cut, heading to the library, and taking the exam...and then I'll be done my crazy two weeks of business...woohoo! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering, what kind of bread is that? It looks great!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh, your morning snacks and lunch look stellar!! I'm especially keen on the vegetables and fruit cup (of course, haha).

Looks like you're definitely going to have a busy day today - enjoy!

Sarah said...

alex---I love this bread...it's the German Dark Wheat by Arnold, and makes a nice change. If you like the taste pumpernickle breads, you'll love this one...they taste pretty similair! :)

veggiegirl---Thanks!! And I have to agree, the veggies and fruit cup were one of the best parts. :D Fruit cups make for such special treats...:)