Thursday, February 7, 2008

Soup and a Sandwich

Oh yes, the lovely Thursday has arrived. Also known as the day when there is absolutely nothing stocked in the fridge. I came pretty close to sticking to the typical 'me' by having a bowl of soup and some kashi crackers. But then I decided that my whole mantra of getting variety in your diet is...drum roll please...applicable to me as well!!

Besides, the more I thought about it, the more I realized I was craving tuna (you'll soon come to realize that I have weird and sporadic cravings...thankfully, they're usually healthy ones...teehee...) I stirred up some tuna with some diced tomato, onions, carrots, and some broccoli and a little bit of miracle whip light, and added some mixed greens to the top. I decided about half-way through my sandwich that some mustard might be good, so I ended up adding a little bit of dijon on the side later on...it was actually really good! It added a nice little kick to the sandwich...

A bowl of Amy's Organic Lentil Soup hit the spot as the perfect side to my sandwich. It was between that or some blue tortilla chips, but I decided on the soup since it fit the snowy, New Englandy weather. Perfect comfort. :)

Okay, I need to get back to work...biology is calling!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea, glad you're back here!!