Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Long Day Recap...

The best feeling today was when I was finally able to take off my soaked sneakers and get warm and dry inside my house. The campus was flooding in sections, and I suddenly regretted not buying those rainboots from target a couple weeks back! I was soaked completely by the end of the day, with cold, icy rain...a couple cups of hot tea later, and I'm now happily working on homework. It's such a nice feeling to be warm and dry. :)

6:30---breakfast

10:00---I had some mixed veggies and a pear to munch on during the drive.

11:00---Lunch was a strawberry stonyfield yogurt and a black bean chipotle gardenburger. These are my absolute favoritest when it comes to veggie burgers of all kinds. They're a little bit spicy, and I love the black bean texture. So yummy and satisfying. :) I placed it between some mixed greens to avoid getting the whole wheat bagel soggy, and of course, you just can't have a burger without some ketchup, so that was added as well. :)

3:00---On the ride home I snacked on an apple and a Vanilla Soymilk. It was the perfect little hold-me-over for supper. Sorry, no pictures though! I chose not to pack my camera considering the rain, and I completely forgot about snapping the picture before leaving home.

5:30---Finally home, and finally dry! :) There was a nice hot meal of chicken meatpie waiting, along with some steamed broccoli and cauliflower. It was the perfect meal to warm me up...



For a "valentines gift," my mom made me a huge fruitcup and gave me a box of sweetheart candies (tradition says I get one every year, and I always look forward to it. :) I didn't actually eat it yet, but I'll save it for a time when I want some candy. I ate this bowl of fruit, and theres enough for breakfast tomorrow as well! I'm one happy girl...:)

If its raining where you all are as well, hope you're staying dry and warm!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Those gardenburgers are my favorite too. Do they travel well, I never thought of that as a sandwhich option to bring along with me. Do you just cook it in the a.m, and then make a sandwhich and pack it? Thanks

Sarah said...

Annie---Yes, they do travel pretty well! I cook it according to microwave directions in the morning, let it cool for a few minutes, and just wipe off the excess moisture. I think it would be great in a pita pocket as well, but I tend to eat it between the square bagels. :)