Monday, February 18, 2008

Random concoctions...

Continuing on the topic of there being trans-fat in so many random products, I just found out that my icecream I buy also has trans-fat in it! I checked Friendly's slow churned and Edy's and both contain it. I guess its time for me to find a new brand. I'm pretty sure Breyers might be a better option, but I'll have to check next time I go to the store...

This morning I got so much homework done!! Thats what I love about rainy days. :) Having some veggies to munch on helped me stay awake in the process...hehe. :)

I made a concoction of whole wheat couscous, spinach, sauteed tomatoes in olive oil, black beans, onions, basil, oregano, and hot pepper flakes, rolled into a whole wheat soft wrap with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese for lunch. I kind of just threw things together, and it came out pretty tasty. Couscous is so quick and easy, making it a nice alternative to brown rice. :)

Chilled grapes for dessert!! :)

Now I'm off for a quick stop at the mall to pick up a new umbrella, making for a nice study break. :)

6 comments:

gc said...

your wrap looks absolutely amazing!!!

Colleen said...

Agreed! The wrap looks great. i'm enjoying a day off from classes for president's day as well, but I'm definitely ready for the normal routine-ness of the week to start up again tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Those grapes look great! I haven't bought them in so long...I might need to pick some up!

Anonymous said...

Your wrap looks so good.......couscous instead of rice is a great idea!

What type/brand of wrap is that?

Anonymous said...

The grapes I bought.......def weren't as nice looking as yours :)

Do you cut up veggies such as the brocolli, carrots everyday? I find it so time consuming that I don't end up doing it, plus I don't know how to store them to get them to last long enough. thanks and keep up the great work!

Sarah said...

kate---sorry I didn't get to your question! The wrap is a Natures Promise whole wheat tortilla. I get them in the refrigerator section (near the cheese) at my Stop and Shop.

Beth---Yes, I do cut the veggies on a day to day basis. Carrots are so quick and easy to chop up. Sometimes if I'm short on time, I'll just wash a whole carrot and munch on it as is without peeling or cutting. Cherry tomatoes are super quick and easy. For broccoli, I'll just store it in a plastic bag, and cut off a bunch at the stem when I want some, rinse it, and voila! Instant snack. :) All the cutting gets quicker and quicker the more you do it, but theres a ton of other veggies that would be even faster. You could make a mix of cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, and snap peas, for example...speaking of which, I think I'll buy some pea pods for a snack this week. Yum! :)