Sunday, February 17, 2008

Leisurely spent Sunday...

Well, I was sort of right about my breakfast. I had a hunch that it wasn't going to hold me over very well, and by 11:30, I was really starting to get hungry. It was a fine breakfast for today, since I had a later breakfast, wasn't walking from class to class, and was taking a rest from running. BUT, if it were a more active day, this breakfast definately would not have done the trick. I'm ready to get back into a big hearty bowl of oatmeal after all this "cereal trying." :D

My hunger got the best of me, and I forgot to take a picture of my pre-lunch apple that I was munching on until I got half way through it...haha...

I started lunch with a large mixed salad (greens, carrots, red onions, cukes, tomatoes, zucchini, and some balsamic vinaigrette.)

And for lunch I had some of my mom's homemade spaghetti sauce on top of some whole wheat pasta. DELICIOUS! I think I should have been born an Italian, because I love anything saucy. Pizza and spaghetti are two of my favorite meals...:)


I'm off to go for a nice walk with the family. I've loved having the chance to run more this past week, but a break is always needed too. Long walks are so enjoyable...:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,
I was just wondering how you make your salads? Do you have the ingredients on hand and just throw them together before your meal or do you make a large one and keep in the fridge for a few days. I love salads but I always end up getting them when I go out because, well, I don't know, lol, I guess I'm lazy :) Thanks!

Sarah said...

Hey Danielle!
I like making my salads right before my meal, but making one large salad would make for an easy and quick idea as well!

My salads are really quick to make...I buy a big bag of mixed greens, and toss a couple of handfuls into my bowl. For the days when I'm feeling lazy, I just throw some cherry tomatoes on top (no cutting required!) and some chopped carrots or cucumbers for added crunch, and I'm good to go! You could even add some canned mandarin oranges, walnuts, crumbled feta cheese, etc, for a flavor change. I only add the red onions and other goodies when I have the extra time...:)

You could definately pre-make a salad for a couple of days though! The only items you might want to leave out are the wet stuff (like tomatoes or mandarin oranges which might make for a soggy salad!)