Sunday, February 17, 2008

Heart-warming Soup

The temperature really dropped from this afternoon, and I came home from visiting my grandparents wanting only one thing on this rainy night. Soup, of course! :) I found some frozen homemade winter minestrone that I had completely forgotten about, so I threw that in the microwave and added the leftover lima beans from last night's meal. I love a hearty and chunky soup, and this one fit the bill.

The soup froze pretty well. The squash got a little mushy, but still tasted just as good, and the soup was exactly what I was in the mood for. So yummy and heartwarming. I had about a cup of grapes on the side, which were also really good, and I'm completely full and content. The best part is knowing that I have tomorrow off from school, so I can sleep in a little later. *Sigh*...such a nice feeling! :D

Hope everyones enjoying their weekend!!

No comments: