Friday, February 8, 2008

Busy School Day...Prep!

Goodness...I don't know which day is crazier. Thursdays or Fridays? I didn't get home until 7'ish tonight, and was SO happy I packed some good snacks to hold me over. It was nice to come home to a warm meal, and even nicer that my family actually waited to eat until I came home (either that, or supper took longer to make then they were expecting...hehe.)

Just a brief overview of everything that was eaten today. Everything is here, except for my dessert which I had after supper: a cup of hot chocolate (diet one...still need to get myself away from that stuff and start making more homemade...so much tastier and healthier!) and a godiva chocolate. YUM! It was a rasberry filled white chocolate starfish, and such a perfect ending to the day...:)

Breakfast: bowl of 5-grain oatmeal, 1 cup of milk, lots of cinnamon, small handful of walnuts, 1 banana, and 1 T. peanut butter...thanks Kath for the idea of using pb this way! I'm officially addicted...:D


Lunch, Layer One: There were multiple parts to my lunch, since I didn't actually have a break to eat. It's definately a "eat as you go" day...here I have a container of milk (doesn't need refrigeration!), cup of grapes, and an apple...
Lunch, Layer Two: I also had 1/2 a whole wheat pita with turkey, spinach and mustard, with carrot sticks and tomatoes for a snack, and a yogurt for an afternoon snack. I saved it for 3'ish, and it was the perfect hold-me-over.

Lastly, I saved my gnu bar for the ride home. So far this is my favorite flavor of the bars. It's very "oaty" and has a nice cinnamon flavor...

Nothing quite like a warm supper to enjoy after a busy day. Brown rice, a TON of veggies (so proud of my parents for cooking up this meal!) and tilapia which is hidden underneath everything. It was absolutely delicious...

Sorry for the very scattered post...MWF's are pretty insane with school, but I'll make an attempt to still get everything in, and hopefully make it look at least a little appetizing (which isn't easy when packing everything in a cooler!! :D)

Enjoy the weekend!! :)

1 comment:

KathEats said...

Your meals look great - love that bowl of oatmeal!! De ja vu! That pita looks delicious too :)

Kath