Saturday, March 1, 2008

Snowed In on March 1st!

Looks like the race I was planning on volunteering at is going to be cancelled! Well, not the race itself, but the part of me volunteering there just isn't going to happen! It's a 1-1/2 hour drive away, and there's already about 7-8 inches of snow on the ground, and still piling up. At least we're in March, which means spring is on its way!! :D

For breakfast I had a wonderful bowl of hot cereal...1/2 cup of vanilla hempmilk, 1/2 cup of Ezekiel Flax cereal, 1/2 a banana, and the rest of my fruit cup on the side. Simply delicious! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that was canceled. =( But you're right, spring is just a stone's throw away, we can always bid farewell to old man winter and enjoy the outdoors as they deserve.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oh Sarah, I'm so devastated about the cancellation :0( I don't mean to rub it in, but the sun is finally shining here (I can finally have a "true" spring break, haha). Hang in there!!

I hope that your scrumptious breakfast can hopefully brighten your Saturday!! :0)

priscilla joy said...

Hi Sarah...your breakfast looks good! Spring will be here before we know it, but winter don't go away yet...:)

Sarah said...

romina---I know, its going to be great spending more time outside...so excited! :)

veggiegirl---I'm glad to hear its finally sunny for you! You deserve to have some sunny weather for your spring break, thats for sure! :) :)

priscilla---Winter can be a lot of fun, especially when its taken advantage of! Last year I loved it, since I got out and did a lot of snowshoeing and hiking. This year I'm into running a little too much to enjoy it since the roads get all covered, and I get a little overexcited about spring...haha...

I just visited your blog though, and noticed that you seem to really enjoy the outdoors in the winter, so I hope it does last a bit longer for you and your family! :)