Saturday, March 22, 2008

Well worth the wait...:)

I had breakfast with my sister at my absolute favoritest breakfast place, and decided to go all out when ordering. :D

Before heading out, I had a banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter to hold me over, and I'm glad I did. We waited about 1-1/2 hours just to get seated because of how busy the restaurant gets, and it was nice having that bit of energy and food to hold me over. :)

What did I order? A lil' of everything. haha...I couldn't decide what I wanted, but considering the place makes their own maple syrup, I had to get something paired with that. So I chose a pumpkin pancake.

I also had to try their maple baked beans, and an egg along with some hash browns on the side (these are amazing,) and 1/2 of the homemade sourdough bread that is the most amazing and delicious breakfast treat. *sigh*...

So yep, the breakfast was definitely worth "splurging" on and waiting for. :D I ate every last bite and enjoyed it immensely.

While there, I also bought some maple tea which I'm really excited about trying. :) Today was the perfect weekend finale to my spring vacation...:D

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! An hour and a half?? That must be really a popular restaurant! Glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast. =)

Anonymous said...

yum, you can't go wrong with some eggs and pancakes- I miss healthy diner fare sometimes..I'm on the lookout for one here at school!! glad you're enjoying your break and time with the fam :)

Sarah said...

romina---ha..it definitely is. Especially around the holidays! It can get pretty crazy...

hk---Thanks!! :) I hope you can find a place near your school...its always nice getting off-campus for some good food once in a while. :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

looks like it WAS well worth the wait - I'm always willing to wait at spectacular restaurants, for spectacular food (it's hard though, since I'm impatient, haha).

enjoy what's left of your spring vacation! :0)

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Pumpkin pancake!

Anonymous said...

pumpkin pancakes are awesome! I had one a couple of months ago and it was so yummy :)