Sunday, March 2, 2008

Trying a new brand of oatmeal...

Looks like an absolutely beautiful day outside!! The sun is shining, and it's in the...get this...the 30's!! Tomorrow it's supposed to even reach the 40's, and I can hardly wait...:)

For breakfast I tried a new brand of oatmeal by Arrowhead Farms (it's the 4 Grains Plus Flax kind.) I made it the regular way: 1 cup milk, 1 large banana, 1 handful of walnuts, and a little bit of peanut butter. It was pretty tasty and made for a bigger bowl then my typical oatmeal makes. I still like the 5-grain one the best though, only because it's creamier and doesn't have the "nuttines" from some of the tougher grains. But it did make for a nice change, and will definitely find its way into my "cycle of breakfasts." :D

Today I have a wedding shower to go to, so I probably won't be around until later tonight...I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and feeling refreshed! :)

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Just thought I'd share the brand of oatmeal that I swear by - it's the Dr. McDougall oatmeal (it's all one web address, but I split it up so that it would all show up in the comment box):

http://rightfoods.com/scripts/
display_product.php?product_id=4200

Enjoy the wedding shower, and the rest of your Sunday!!

gc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gc said...

your oatmeal always looks soo good! what is your favorite fruit to put in it (besides bananas)? I got some pears to try and I heard plums were good too, and obviously everyone uses the basics: strawberries, blueberries, raisins.

Sarah said...

veggiegirl---thanks for sharing! :) I'm going to write the name down, and try it out once this oatmeal runs out! :D

emma---I used to make apple cinnamon oatmeal ALL the time, and it was always one of my favorites. I like dicing up bite sized oatmeals, and experimenting with apple juice/apple sauce, and always add in walnuts and cinnamon at the end. :) It also taste good with a small handful of raisins...so yummy! :)

Oh, and I also once made a tropical flavored oatmeal, using heated up pinapple chunks and raisins, and it tasted pretty good. I think it needed some tweaking, but it was definitely the start of something tasty...:D