Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Saucy Veggies

What's better then saucy veggies and pasta, sprinkled with parmesan cheese?

My family indulged in an Italian night of a meaty sauce that had more sausages and beef then a person would know what to do with. My family is generally very conservative when it comes to eating meat...we eat it only on occasion, mostly because the meals we love just happen not to have meat in them (such as mac&cheese, lasagna, spaghetti, and things like that...)

I decided to skip over the "overly meaty sauce" and make my own concoction. I went with a can of diced tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, sweet red pepper, 1/2 c. garbanzo beans, parmesan cheese, some hot sauce, and pasta. It turned out delicious, and was exactly what I was in the mood for. On the side I also had a salad, and I felt so full of fresh, good food and energy! :D

Perfect meal to keep me going through a night of studying...:)...oh...and biggest loser as my study break, of course! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My family is very much the same way, meat seems to come around at special occasions, which is why I really don't miss it much.

Mmm. That pasta looks so good! I love a good old plate of pasta with tons and tons of veggies!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I agree - there's nothing like vegetables and homemade tomato sauce... yum! I LOVE your own concoction - great mix of flavors!