Monday, March 10, 2008

End of a Busy Day

Thankfully, the time change really hasn't effected me too much! I'm so happy that the day stays brighter longer, because it means that when I come back from school, there's still plenty of daylight to go running!! Usually when I come home from classes, I need to rush out there before it gets dark...but today I took some extra time to unwind, and ended up going for a great run with my brother. It's amazing how much faster the time goes when you're running with someone else and can carry on a conversation (between the killer hills! haha)

The day's recap is probably not completely finished, because I'm planning on having a snack tonight if I need it for a study break...:)
6:00---Breakfast
8:30---I ate 1/2 of my Kashi Pumpkin Spice Flax granola bar...I love these crunchy bars, but they're slightly messy so its better to eat it outside of your car, as I found out today...haha. :D
12:00---For lunch I mashed 1/2 cup of black beans with salsa, and put it in a container along with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with some chopped tomatoes and parsley on top. Perfect dip for some kashi crackers, carrot sticks, and summer squash & zucchini...so yummy! :D
3:00---Lab let out early today (woohoo!!) which made for the perfect time to have a snack. I munched on an apple and the other 1/2 of my granola bar for the ride home. It made for a nice energy snack, since I was planning on going for a run once I got home...:)

6:00---Bio Lab had been...ahem...a little gross today, which meant my appetite was completely shot. However, a fresh salad seemed to agree fine with my stomach, so I topped a bed of spinach with 3 sliced black olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a can of chunk white tuna with an orange and raspberry vinaigrette. Along with a peice of bread, my supper hit the spot perfectly for what I was in the mood for...:) :)
7:00---EDITED TO ADD: So much for a "late study snack!" haha...I was in the mood for something a little sweet, but also something that would have some energy power to it...ah yes...I went for one of my favorites; 1/2 cup of hot vanilla hempmilk with 1/2 cup of all bran cereal. Perfect. :)

Morning Snack, Lunch, and Afternoon Snack

Close up of my Black Bean Dip...I loved it with the kashi crackers, and I think it may show up again over the weekend for a "movie snack." :)Salad Supper

Hope you're all doing well!!! :) :) :)
Edited to Add my "not-so-late" study snack...:D Vanilla hempmilk (nice and hot) with all-bran cereal...so delicious and comforting! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dip sounds so good, I might have to make some for lunch tomoorw..How much cottage cheese did you use, a half cup? And mix it all up, or seperate? haha sorry!

Sarah said...

anonymous---Yep, a 1/2 cup! :) I didn't mix it all together, because I liked having it on separate sides of the container for eye appeal and also so I could get two different flavors...or combine it by dunking the cracker in both sides..haha...:)

Hope you enjoy it! :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I like that the daylight last longer as well, but it still confuses me when I look at the clock and it's about 7:00pm, haha.

mmm, that late-night snack sounds like the perfect treat to end a great day with :0)

Sarah said...

veggiegirl---Oh I know! The day still seems to go by faster, and it's definitely strange getting used to how bright it is (or how dark it is in the morning!)