Thursday, March 13, 2008

No Pudge Fudge

This afternoon I was actually done homework for the day, so I decided to break out the box of No Pudge! Fudge and see what they tasted like. I'd never made them before, so was a little skeptical. I've tried homemade versions of low-fat brownies in the past, and they've always come out either too much like a cake or rubbery...never that perfect bite of chocolately goodness that I want in a brownie.

Well...the verdict is in::*drum roll please*...

They were SO tasty and gooey!!! I was pretty much in chocolate heaven when I bit into one of these. The only "flop" I did was when I forgot to put the timer on while they were cooking in the oven, so the doneness was based on guess work. haha...I think I actually undercooked them, but they still tasted delish. Ooey, gooey, and chocolatey, all topped with walnuts...so delicious! Okay, I'm done raving about the brownies now...:D

On the side I had a glass of milk and an orange...


For supper, I needed something quick and easy to prepare after shopping. English muffin pizzas were the perfect option. I gave a new brand of english muffins a try called "Matthew's English Muffins." Its the first time I've seen these, so I'm not sure if they're widely available or not, but they were definitely way better then Thomas'. Nice and fluffy and soft, all natural ingredients, 100% whole wheat...making for the perfect pizza. :) On top I had sauce (tomato sauce, 1 garlic clove, basil, oregano, pepper), mozzarella cheese, onions, and spinach. And, of course, there was a side salad to go along with it...:) Not bad for a quick dinner!!

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

there's nothing better than a gooey, fudgy brownie treat - yum! and I LOVE English muffin pizzas - brings me back to my childhood :0)

Anonymous said...

Mmm. I don't remember the last time I had a brownie, those look really great and convenient!

priscilla joy said...

Ooh that brownie looks delicious! English muffin pizza, that sounds and looks good! And your pb&j Belgian Waffles - I have to try that!

Kristin said...

Oooh I loveeee those brownies! I made the cappuccino kind for my roommate's birthday earlier this week- I could NOT believe how delicious low fat brownies could be! The walnuts are a great idea as well, what a way to incorporate flavor and healthy fats! I'm definately stealing that idea =)

gc said...

pizza anything= always delicious!

and nice brownies! my roomie made the no pudge mix once and it definitely dissappeared fast! did you use plain yogurt or vanilla?

Sarah said...

emma---I used plain yogurt with 1 tsp vanilla extract, and was really afraid it was going to make a "less sweet" brownie...I was wrong! :D

And I agree...pizza anything really does = always delicious. haha..you can't go wrong with a saucy, cheesy, combination. :D