Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring break!! :)

Spring vacation is finally here, and in order to celebrate...I think I'll be going out to pick up veganomicon this evening. :D I can't wait to try some recipes from there, because I've heard so many good things about it.

This morning I packed along a Kashi Trail Mix bar and a banana to hold me over for yet another late lunch. I've been eating after I get out of classes this past week rather then eating in class, because its much more enjoyable to eat in the caf or in my car. Thankfully my breakfasts and snacks have been good about holding me over so long. :)

For lunch today, I packed a Black Bean Gardenburger (in between a Matthew's Whole Wheat english muffin, with 2 thick slices of tomato, spinach, and ketchup)...so delicious. :D I love these muffins, and the entire sandwich was tasty and filling all at the same time...:)

On the side I had a carrot, a vanilla yogurt, and a juicy pear. I love having something crunchy like the fruit and carrot for the ride home, since for some reason, I always feel like munching after classes. :D

Enjoy your weekend everyone!!! :D :D

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

ahh, so exciting that you're NOW finally on spring break; and yes, you MUST purchase Veganomicon - you on't be disappointed :0)

Have you ever tried the Ezekiel brand of english muffins? They're quite filling and delicious.

Happy Friday/spring break!!

Sarah said...

veggiegirl---I did end up picking it up this afternoon....SO excited! :D

I've never actually tried the ezekiel brand of the english muffins, but have heard so many great reviews on them...definitely trying them out next time I stop at whole foods. :)

Have a great weekend! :)

priscilla joy said...

Ooh, that sandwhich looks good! Hope you enjoy your spring break!

Kristin said...

I've been wanting to try those matthew brand english muffins since I saw them at the grocery store- organic and the ingrediants looked fabulously simple. Do you like them as much as the reg ol' Whole Wheat Thomas'?

Sarah said...

kristen---I actually like these much better then the Thomas' english muffins! They're softer and tasted much fresher...and didn't seem as flat either.

Definitely worth trying for sure! :)

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you about needed something CRUNCHY after school... I do the same thing :)