Saturday, March 8, 2008

Saturday Morning's Internal Alarm Clock...

My body's internal alarm clock wouldn't let me sleep past 6:30 this morning, which was a pain at the moment, but probably a really good thing! I want to get all the studying done that I need so that I have the rest of the day free...it's raining today too, which means perfect shopping weather! :)

For breakfast I had 2 cups of Kashi Heart to Heart with a cup of milk, 1 small banana, and 2 kiwi that were reaching the last of their days. I've never eaten one with the peel still on, but seeing that other bloggers don't peel theirs, I decided to be brave and give it a try. :D I peeled one, and ate the other with a peel still intact...the verdict? The one with the peel was easier to eat (no fork required!) and really tasty...it gives the kiwi more of a sour taste, but I kind of liked it that way. :)

Last night for a snack I decided to open up this bag of Quaker Soy Crisps, and had a serving size while watching tv and relaxing. Definitely good to portion these little guys, because the bag is small enough to disappear without even really noticing. :)
Okay, off to do some homework...happy Saturday! :)

5 comments:

gc said...

haha I'm just like you...my body is so used to waking up at 6 or earlier, that 7am becomes "sleeping in" for me. Oh well I'm a morning person, and you're right...for me I have to get my studying done earlier in the day because it's when I'm the most productive!!

Have fun shopping!!

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem. I woke up at 6:00 this morning! It's so irritating when I purposely go to bed so I can "sleep in". Never works though.

I think it's a good thing though, your body shouldn't have a fluctuating sleep pattern. It has no idea it's the "weekend". =)

Yummy breakfast you have there!

priscilla joy said...

Sarah - that cereal looks good! I always peel my kiwis, I've never thought to actually eat them with the peel...sour kiwis are the *best*!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I'm the same way - I'm definitely an early-bird, and never sleep past 7:00am on the weekends (and 6:00am during the week). Who wants/needs to sleep the day away, anyways? ;0)

I always eat kiwis with their skin intact - as you said, they're quicker/easier to eat; and you get more fiber! :0)

Enjoy your Saturday!!

Sarah said...

emma---Haha...yep..same here! "Sleeping in" has an entirely different meaning to me then it does to a lot of people...:)

romina---I do that as well! Last night I went to bed later then normal like I always do on Friday nights, telling myself I'd make up for it with extra sleep. Somehow I always fall for the idea, but..nope...never works! :D

I couldn't agree more with the sleep patterns. I find that as long as I keep the same amount of hours of sleep every night, I wake up feeling refreshed, rather then getting more hours but messing up the pattern. Its funny how that works...

priscilla---I used to think it was strange to eat kiwis with peels until I saw so many people eating them that way, and I'm so glad I tried it out. :) Kiwis are delicious anyways, and it makes it nicer not having to worry about the peel...:)

veggiegirl---Exactly how I look at it! Saturdays would go by way too fast if I got up later. :)

I never thought of all the nutritional bonuses of keeping the peel on the kiwi..ha...now I'm even happier I kept the peel on. Thanks for bringing that up! :D

Have a great weekend!! :)