Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Supper Time!

Blogger isn't working right now, so pictures are going to have to wait...:-0!

In the afternoon I had a 1/2 of a pear before heading out for a run, and came back to eat the other half. It felt so great to be out running, with the nice warm sun pouring down. Promise I won't keep mentioning it, but...it makes me excited for spring! :D

For supper I had a nice fresh peice of trout, broiled with onions and a bit of promise butter for flavor. On the side I had mashed potatoes (need to restock on sweet potatoes...haven't had them in forever!) and sauteed onions, carrots, summer squash, and zucchini in olive oil with a bit of salt and pepper.

SO, it was a delicious supper, although...photos speak louder the words, which just isn't happening right now. ha...

Off to finish up on some reading assignments so I can relax, make a snack, and watch the biggest loser...:) Have a great night everyone! :)
**Edited, because pictures seem to be working okay now..haha...**
An Afternoon Snack before I ran...I hate the other half when I came back. :)

Supper: Broiled Trout, sauteed veggies, and mashed potatoes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yesterday you said you were reading a good book---just wondering what it was, and if you have other good recommendations. My spring break is starting soon (thank goodness!!!) and I'm looking for something good to relax with, and keep me occupied on the plane. I just finished "The Time Traveler's Wife" and it was amazing, I couldn't put it down!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

yeah, blogger has been quite uncooperative lately - grr! but at least you DID end up being able to upload the amazing photographs of your food for today - looks delish! :0)

gc said...

Hey Sarah!

Your meals always look soo good! I was just wondering..I'm always cooking for one, so it's really hard for me to get the motivation to make a huge meal and then just fridge/freeze portions- plus I don't have the biggest fridge. Are you normally only cooking for yourself? And do you have any good recommendations for one-person (warm) meals?
Thanks! Have a great night!
Emma

Sarah said...

sarah---Right now I'm reading "PS I Love You"...I never saw the movie, but noticed the book and wanted to read it. I was pretty much in tears by the first chapter..ha.

I've always wanted to read "The Time Traveler's Wife!" So glad to hear you like it..I think I'll pick that one up for next week. :)

emma---Sometimes I cook *just* for myself, and sometimes there are other family members willing to eat what I'm eating (usually the pasta type meals,) so I'll make it for 3 or 4 people.

I like making meals that can easily be frozen and reheated in single serving sizes. Fish, for example, can easily be frozen after you cook it, and tossed in the microwave..its also just as easy to toss a raw peice of fish in salmon with some olive oil, veggies, and seasoning, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Fast, and barely any clean-up. :)

Other options I love are vegetarian chilis because they're so easy to make *and* to freeze. I usually double batch everything, so that my freezer is full of it for busy week nights. :)

Soups, omelettes, stuffed chicken breast (surprisingly *really* easy to make and can easily be stuffed with what you love)...etc.

Oh, and my absolute FAVORITE is making a bit batch of homemade sauce. You can use the sauce for all kinds of random recipes (if you do marinara, you can use it on top of veggies, pasta, veggies and bean mix, shrimp and pasta...etc. The list is endless. Definitely worth the time of making it. :)